Reinstall aol gold desktop for windows 10
AOL Desktop Gold allows users access to an all-in-one desktop comprising of email, web browsing, search, content, and some other features. It is the best and more refined version of the AOL Desktop. Laced with premium security features, this software is extremely secure to use. Users of AOL Desktop Gold may have to uninstall and reinstall AOL desktop software due to a variety of reasons. In this blog, we have listed the complete method to reinstall AOL Gold on Windows and Mac.
What is AOL Desktop Gold?
When one hears the term AOL, a strong feeling of nostalgia comes to mind. For many people, AOL is the best and intuitive pathway to the digital world. AOL’s most useful offering is the AOL desktop software. It offered an intuitive user interface which was an amazing alternative to the bewildering UI modifications often delivered by other email service providers. But a huge change came in the form of AOL Desktop Gold. It is premium software that offers users to do some tasks from a single platform. Its amazing features and easy to navigate interface make it a hit across the globe.
Why do you Need to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold for windows 10?
Often, you may have to uninstall and reinstall AOL desktop software. For instance, when you format your computer, you will lose all the installed programs and apps. Hence, you will have to install AOL Desktop Gold again. Or else, sometimes due to improper installation, you may have to remove and reinstall AOL Desktop Gold. Sometimes viruses or malware infections affect the programs on the device. In case your AOL Desktop Gold software has become corrupted, then you may have to install it again.
Complete Process to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold for Windows 10
Here is the complete stepwise process for reinstalling AOL Desktop Gold on your device.
Basic requirements for Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold for Windows 10
To get AOL Desktop Gold on your device, you need to ensure that your device fulfills the basic requirements. For instance, if your computer is running Windows 7 or later, then you need to have a minimum of 512 MB free storage space on the hard drive for downloading AOL Desktop Gold. Make sure that your device meets the following basic requirements:
- 1 GB RAM space
- Stable Internet connection
- Internet Explorer 7 or newer
- 266 MHz or higher computer processor
- 1024 x 768 or more screen resolution
- 512 MB or more of free hard drive storage space
How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold for windows 10?
If you have formatted your computer, then you may not have the installer file. There are various ways for downloading the AOL Desktop Gold.
For AOL Advantage Plan members
Are you a member of the AOL Advantage plan? If the answer to this question is yes, then you are in luck as AOL Desktop Gold is a part of the membership. You do not have to pay any extra cost for it. Before you reinstall AOL Desktop Gold, you may have to download the installer file again. Follow the instructions given below to download AOL Desktop Gold if you have a membership in the AOL advantage plan.
- First, you need to visit the AOL website.
- After that, log in to your account.
- Go to the My Benefits webpage.
- Click on the All Products tab.
- Now, click on AOL Desktop Gold.
- Click on the Download Now button.
- Save the installer file on your computer.
For AOL Desktop Gold Trial Users You can use AOL Desktop Gold for a trial period as well. In case you have signed up for the trial, then here is what you need to do to download the software on your computer. Make sure that the AOL trial period has not expired.
- To get started, you need to launch a web browser.
- After that go to the AOL website.
- Sign in to your email account.
- Go to the My Account webpage.
- Click on the My Services option present at the top.
- Click on the Subscriptions option on the screen.
- Find the AOL Desktop Gold option.
- Click on the Get Started button given under AOL Desktop Gold.
- Follow the prompts which display on the screen.
For AOL Desktop Gold Subscribers
Did you get a subscription for AOL Desktop Gold? You need to download the installer file to re-install the software. Here is how you can download the AOL Desktop Gold installation file on your computer.
- Open any internet browser and visit your AOL account.
- Click on My Account.
- Select the My Services drop-down and choose Subscriptions from the list of options.
- Locate AOL Desktop Gold.
- Click on the Get Started option located under it.
- Now, simply follow the guidelines displayed on the screen.
By using the link in the AOL confirmation mail You may receive the AOL Desktop Gold download link in the email regarding the AOL signup confirmation. Check your inbox and open the email to find the link. Here are the steps that you should follow to get AOL Desktop Gold.
- First, you need to visit the AOL website.
- After that, click on the login button.
- Enter your AOL email account credentials.
- Sign in to your account.
- Check your inbox and locate the email that has the subject that says: Get Started with AOL Desktop Gold.”
- You can enter this in the search bar as well.
- Click on the relevant email.
- Now, find the link for Download AOL Desktop Gold and click on it.
- Go to the folder where you wish to save the file.
- Click on the Save button.
Follow the guidelines shown on the screen.
How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold on your Windows PC?
Want to reinstall AOL Gold? If you have already downloaded the installation file, then you can carry on with the installation and setup process. However, before reinstalling AOL Gold, you need to ensure that your internet connection is strong and stable. Also, remove any conflicting programs from the device.
To reinstall AOL Desktop Gold, you want to follow the easy steps given below.
- First, connect your device to an internet network, either wired or wireless.
- After that, go to the File Explorer.
- Click on the Downloads folder.
- If you have saved the AOL Desktop Gold file somewhere else, then navigate to that folder.
- Find the Install AOL Desktop file.
- Double-click on the AOL Desktop Gold installer.
- When the prompt comes, click on Run.
- When the User Account Control window appears, click on the Yes button.
- Now, you have to click on the Install Now key.
- Follow the on-screen directions.
- Allow the installation to get over.
- Once the AOL Gold software is successfully installed, snap-on Close.
- Reboot the computer.
How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold on Mac?
Here is the complete method to reinstall AOL desktop software on Mac.
- To get started, ensure your MacBook or iMac is connected to the internet.
- Then, you need to move to the Dock.
- Go to Finder.
- After that, click on the Downloads option.
- In case you have store the AOL Desktop Gold installer in any other location, then go to that location.
- Look for the Install AOL Desktop Gold file.
- Double-click on it.
- Run the installer file.
- Once the prompt comes, enter the password of your Mac device.
- Click the Install Now button given below.
- Follow the guidelines shown on the screen.
- Allow the installation to get over.
- Restart your Mac once the installation is successful.
This is how you can reinstall AOL Desktop Gold software.
How to Update AOL Desktop Gold?
One of the best things about AOL Desktop Gold is that it automatically updates to the latest version as and when needed and takes the place the previous variant on the computer. Are you wondering why you must update your AOL Gold software? Well, AOL Desktop Gold users must upgrade the software from time to time or else the program might stop responding. Updates come with security patches and bug fixes, ensuring that the software remains secure and well-functioning. They may also include new features and additions. With the help of these software updates, you will be able to get smoother and safer user experience. If you have an active subscription or membership, then you can easily download the updates.
Are AOL Desktop Gold Updates Available for Free?
Are you wondering if you need to pay for AOL Desktop Gold updates? Well, the updates for AOL Desktop Gold software are available for free. As long as you are paying the monthly subscription charge or are a member of the AOL Advantage Plan, you will be able to avail all the features, updates, and other benefits about AOL Desktop Gold.
What Happens When the AOL Desktop Gold Update Stops in the Middle?
Due to faulty internet and other glitches, the AOL Gold update may stop in the middle. You may have to start the up-gradation process from the beginning. However, before you do so, you need to delete the partially updated AOL desktop file. This will ensure that there are no conflicts later when you try to update the software again. If the software is not fully updated, then it will not function very well. Here is what you need to do to delete the unsuccessful AOL Desktop Gold update.
Click on the Start menu.
Click on Control Panel.
Click on the Windows Update button.
Click on View recent updates.
Scroll down and click on the AOL Gold update.
Click on the Uninstall button.
AOL Desktop Gold Update for Windows 10 and older versions
You need to ensure that your system complies with the minimum requirements. After that, you can follow these steps for the AOL Desktop Update for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7.
- First, power on your computer.
- After that, close all the running apps and programs. Since these programs use up RAM tp run on the device, the updating procedure for AOL Gold may get slowed down.
- AOL requires more RAM space when installing updates.
- Then you need to find the AOL Desktop Gold file on your device.
- Click twice on the AOL Desktop Gold icon for opening the app. This icon may be found on the desktop or system tray.
- Log in to your account after entering the AOL account credentials.
- Now, go to the menu bar.
- Or else, click on the Quick Access toolbar.
- Click on Settings.
- Find AOL updates and navigate to that section.
- Click on About AOL Gold.
- Click on About and check out the software info.
- Scroll down the screen.
- Click on the Update button.
- Follow the prompts displayed on the screen.
When the software has been updated, reboot the device.
How to Update AOL Desktop Gold on Mac
The process of updating AOL Desktop Gold on Mac is similar to the AOL Desktop update for Windows 10 process. To update the AOL Gold program on your Mac device, here are the instructions you need to follow:
- First, make sure your Mac device is connected to the internet.
- To install AOL updates, your computer or laptop needs to be online. Make sure that the connection is strong and stable.
- Either go to the web browser or launch your AOL Desktop Gold app.
Locate the AOL Gold update option.
- If you are on the web browser, then navigate to the Updates webpage for AOL Desktop, find AOL Gold, and click on the upgrade Now button.
- Now, you may be prompted to enter the login details of your AOL account.
- This is essential for verification purposes.
- Download the updates file.
- Double-click on the file to run the updates.
- Carry on with the installation of AOL Desktop Gold updates.
- Follow the prompts shown on the screen.
- When you have successfully installed the updates, restart your device.
Final Words If you want to switch to AOL Desktop Gold, then you have to subscribe to it. The process of reinstalling AOL Desktop Gold is very simple. Hopefully, now you also know is how to conduct AOL desktop update for Windows 10, 8, 7, and Mac. Make sure your AOL desktop software is always up to date to get the best performance